|A Typical "Two-Shirts a Day" Scene in Pittsburgh|
· Have your home tested for radon, the leading cause of lung cancer.
· Be sure that any appliance that burns gas is vented to the outdoors.
· Run an exhaust fan in the kitchen and bathroom.
· Never leave your car idling in an attached garage.
· Control moisture and humidity levels within your home to prevent the development of mold.
· Avoid buying building products, carpets and furniture that off-gas inside your home.
· Ditch the toxic cleaning supplies and go “green” when it’s time to clean.
· Go natural and forget about those chemical air fresheners and artificially scented candles.
· Leave the removal of lead paint and asbestos to the professionals.
· If you are concerned that there is an air quality problem within your home, have a professional analysis conducted and don’t gamble with your health.